General

General

Welcome to the Infragistics Developer Tools UserVoice site. Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of our developer tools products. This site is for suggestions and ideas. If you need to file a bug, please post to our forums at http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/.

If want to share Indigo Studio ideas, please go to http://indigostudio.uservoice.com.

If want to share ReportPlus or SharePlus ideas, please go to http://mobility-ideas.infragistics.com.

if you are looking for product samples and source code demos, check out http://samples.Infragistics.com. For blogs and other great technical content, check out http://blogs.infragistics.com.

Since this is a community driven site, the more detail you include the better chance you have to get votes for your idea. The Product Management Team will be reviewing and monitoring everything you post. So your voice will be heard.

Thanks! And we look forward to hearing from you.

Learn more about a status.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. use nuget for distribution

Instead of all the drama associated with getting and installing your various components today, I'd really like it if I could just do the following:

1. Go to Tools->Options->Package Managers->Packages Sources in Visual Studio and add a new source for Infragistics.

2. Then using nuget, just like I do for all my other components, I could pick your components using the search dialog - references would be added automatically - js/css files would be automatically installed (in the case of igniteui for example), etc.

3. If you release and update/SR what have you, I'd use the update functionality in nuget…

93 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Feature to trim values while binding in grid

Hi, Kindly add feature to trim the values while binding the binding in grid. Since this save lot of development effort.

Thanks
      Kathir

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Awaiting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • PDF reader (WPF / windows form / other?)

I think a pdf reader could be a great component.
        Their is some "preview" control but its impossible to read an existant PDF.

18 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Awaiting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Update the Infragistics PDF Engine to support at least the open PDF 1.7 standard

Currently the Infragistics PDF Engine is built against the PDF 1.4 standard. Because of regulatory demands and/or the required use of open standards there is the need of using the open PDF 1.7 standard (ISO 32000).

With the current Infragistics Components (e.g. UltraGridDocumentExporter). that support export to PDF, we cannot meet the requirements of our clients who are demanding PDF 1.7 at the moment.

We would like to see the Infragistics PDF Engine to be updated to support the creation of PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) documents.

9 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make Charts “Active” with 2 way data binding

When the user alters one of the visual elements (Pie slices size), the bound value is changed.
            A pie chart has 4 equal slices (each is 25%);
            If I change one slice to 22%, the other slices get allocated the “removed” 3 percent so they will be 26% each.

This can be implemented with various chart types.

The logic that determines changed value allocation should be extensible so that complex allocations can be implemented by developers.

It might also be an interesting way of interacting with xls files.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Awaiting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Support the Excel .xlsb format in the Infragistics.Documents.Excel namespace

The ability to open Excel files is a boon to gluing complex systems/processes together. The Infragistics.Documents.Excel namespace is great for this purpose and avoids the issues of trying to go with the MS Office PIA route.

However -- Infragistics currently does not support the .xlsb format -- which has been around for awhile. There was already a support request for this format made to Infragistics back in 2012: http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/68936/349020.aspx#349020

At which point a new Product Idea was created (PI2050035). It has been 2.5 years since that request.

I have requirements to load .xlsb files. Usually these are for significant spreadsheets…

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Make your C# to JavaScript transcompiler available as a product

I've read Mike Dour's blog post on the cliens-side Excel Library with great interest and was really excited to discover, that someone had finally managed to build a C# to JavaScript transpiler based on Roslyn. That's really wonderful!

I would love to have access to such technology, as it opens new horizons. The current C# to JavaScript converters I am aware of either cover only a subset of the language (no generics, no async/await, etc.) or work at the IL level, which introduces some kind of impedence mismatch! Your approach, from what trickles through Mike's blog post, is the right…

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• create a tool for use in MS enterprise library validation block

Enterprise library has a rudimentary tool for creating validations in xmal. However, the tool is limited in its ability to easily move validation checks between levels, test the validation, and reference changes in the DLL that is used to access properties. I would like to see a tool that maintains reference to the dll, allows for creation ease of complex validation logic, outputs the validation logic in xmal, and allows for testing of the validation logic inside the tool. Support for easy understanding of logic such as: If not null then property datetime <= "datetime.now or datetime.parse("1900-01-01"), etc". A lot…

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Public FTP with all SR revisions availables for download ?

Hi,

Each of our clients have different Infragistics'version (eg 12.2.aaaaa 12.2.bbb.bb, 12.2.bbb.cc , 10.1.xxxxxx...).

So during coding/deployment/upgrade we need to have exactly the same version than him forcing us to switch between each configuration to another one. Not easy ! knowing that we have nowhere we can download them.

What about to publish each SR revisions on a public FTP and allowing us to connect with our infragistics' account ?

Thanks a lot !

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Awaiting Votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Change Hints default in Version Utility to GAC

In version utility, to uncheck Hints, you have to click the advanced button to uincheck. If you have multiple dweveloper each could have Infragistics controls in a different folder than other developerss
                      which causes havoc when getting latest from source control. It would be a nice feature to have the default set to go to GAC and not to use Hints and/or have the checkbox visible without having to click through. Right now the default is to use Hints and if my developers forget to click the button and unceheck, it causes major issues with references after they check back…

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• VS LightSwitch Support

Hi
                          Acting on advice from a VS MVP I purchased your product but still cannot use it because VS LS is unsupported and seems to have been put on the back-burner.
                          Please support VS LS.
                          Thanks, Mark.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base