Suggest a new product idea for Infragistics WPF

XamGrid - Add filter support for DateTimeOffset column types

Currently the XamGrid supports date type filters for columns that are of type DateTime - it also supports other types of special filters for other data types like numeric, etc. If the column data type is DateTimeOffset however, it is not only supported, it defaults to a Numeric type filter set which simply does not work (and can actually throw exceptions).

In my mind this is more of a bug than a feature request - but it is a must-have for our business usage. We have a task queue functionality that populates XamGrids from Data Tables that include many different date type columns. The majority of the date column types are moving towards DateTimeOffset. If we don't have this support we'll have to work around it somehow in our code which could involve repopulating a data table thus incurring a performance hit.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DustinDustin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Brian LagunasAdminBrian Lagunas (Admin, Infragistics) responded  · 

We will not be implementing this request. I would suggest the use of a converter instead. Or convert the data on your model by creating a separate property as a façade.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DustinDustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were not aware the XamGrid was not recommended for WPF apps. It had some built-in features we liked such as paging, etc. I don't think we could easily swap over at this stage of the game as the grid is already in production.

• DustinDustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do u add a converter on columns in a grid that have a data table data source?

Feedback and Knowledge Base