Suggest a new product idea for Infragistics WPF

Add standard validation error styles support to basic WPF controls (kinda like Silverlight)

Add standard validation error styles support to basic WPF controls (kinda like Silverlight).

It would be nice to have an out-of-the-box turnkey validation error style that is useful and consistent across basic WPF controls.

For example, I like a control, when having a validation error, to have a red rectangle with a small red triangle in the upper right corner that will display a tool tip containing the error (kinda like standard Silverlight).
See attached file for an example.

This standard validation error would be the same for all the Editor controls, checkbox, xamdatagrid cells, etc.

Right now, there is not a standard look and feel. The numeric editor has a different validation error look than the xamdatagrid cell does. One is a just a red rectangle, the other is a red rectangle with red asterix with pink background. This forces the developer, who wants a standardized look and feel, to add styles to everything, every time! How slow is that!?

Having just a red rectangle isn't enough, because it overrides the normal tool tip with the error. If the user gets into a validation error state, they no longer have access the useful tooltip. That's why I like the small triangle in the upper right corner, which will display a tooltip with the error when the user hovers the mouse over it.

This feature should be easy in implement because all you have to do is upgrade the standard styles files.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea