Test Automation

Welcome to the Test Automation product ideas page

Test Automation is an automated UI testing toolset that includes products for HP & IBM testing suites across the Windows Forms & WPF platforms.

Go to the Product Page
Get Help on the Forums

Help us improve our Testing Tools by telling us what you’d like to see in future releases!

Learn more about a status.

How can we improve Test Automation?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Perform actions asynchronously on controls.

I have recently posted a question on infragistics forum. Please follow the link below for more details.
    http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/90366/446741.aspx

To summarize this, we have controls like Combo box, checkbox, ultragrid(cells having other controls like checkboxes and combo boxes etc). When ever user performs an action on the control (like check/uncheck, change selection in combo box), a prompt is displayed to the user for confirming his selection. When running through QTP, performing these actions with the current APIs, QTP execution gets blocked after displaying the prompt. Execution continues only after closing the prompt.
    Due to this behavior, we are not able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Wake up Test Advantage method

In TA 9.2 and 12.2, I had to run a line of code that requires a connection to an infragistics object. Before doing so, QTP showed objects in the spy and in recording incorrectly.
      Since i did not have code, i used a line from an Infragistics sample QTP script.
      My idea is to have a method named WakeUpTA. That can be used to wake up the Infragistics TA add-in.
      Thanks,
      Kevin

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

My initial thought is this is essentially a duplicate of the “Ability to change TA version for multiple applications” In that you want to be able to use 9.2 and 12.2 interchangeably. If you believe the resolution described in the update on that one will not address it, please let me know, and if you can supply more detail in the differences it would be greatly appreciated.

• Don't see your idea?

Test Automation

Feedback and Knowledge Base