How can we improve Test Automation?

method to return currrent version of TA in use

We can use object.GetType().Assembly.FullName to get information about an object and what version of TA is being used.

We plan to test different versions of applications that require different TA versions as well.

It is easy for a user to forget to change the version before running the script.

I would like a method that is not object based.

It could be something such as TA.status

Thanks,
Kevin

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is fully implemented in TA-WPF in 14.2. A property called IGStatus. Which lets the user know what if any compatibility issue there are. It will also record with the status as NoAction followed by a comment of the IGStatus value if any compatibility issues are identified, and replay with a trappable error stating IGStatus in the error text.

What IGStatus will let the user know is if a compatibility error is found, what version TA is as well as what version NA is, if the same version, but different CLR it will state the difference, or if one is versioned and the other is versionless.

For the WinForms version of this it is a bit trickier as it is a more mature product that changed and improved as QTP\UFT improved, but will take more time and testing to verify the resolution is sound. But as of 14.2 it should be noted that it will throw the exception with the IGStatus value if a compatibility error was found, but the property itself, and the record trapping was not yet implemented.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...