How can we make the Page Designer better for you?

Integrate Ignite UI Page Designer with Indigo Studio

Sorry if this was discussed and I missed it.

Having this page designer (or having the code/designer toggle) is EXACTLY what I wanted on the page/form designer in Indigo Studio.

I guess there is a fine line between a really good RAD programming tool (like Ignite UI Page Designer) and a good prototyping tool like Indigo Studio (granted Indigo does much more than design screens).

I don't know if my suggestion is to add a Design/Code toggle to the existing Indigo page designer or if it is to support the creation of an Ignite UI Page within Indigo Studio; e.g. New Screen, New Page, New Screen Part or New Storyboard, where "New Page" is a new Ignite UI Page Designer Page.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeron CoolmanJeron Coolman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ignite UI TeamAdminIgnite UI Team (Admin, Infragistics) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, our current thinking is to keep Indigo focused on rapid prototyping. But we do see connecting the dots between it and this more in the future. Something like an "Open this Prototype in Ignite UI Designer" or something along those lines.

The thing is that prototyping is very free-form (as it should be), while this is more dev/app oriented. So there will be reconditioning required. I'd like to see this tool facilitate that.

-ambrose

Feedback and Knowledge Base