Suggest a product idea for Infragistics' upcoming UWP product

Hamburger Menu/Navigation Control

In UWA this can be done with the split view, but creating an actual control would greatly simplify the process.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R. KalalR. Kalal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian LagunasAdminBrian Lagunas (Admin, Infragistics) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for all the details. We are looking at delivering UWP support with our 16.1 release. We won't have the Hamburger in that initial release, but this is something we will definitely consider for the next release.

• R. KalalR. Kalal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I envision is a control that encapsulates the complexity of correctly implementing a combination hamburger menu/navigation control. I would use the xaml navigation sample from the zip file at https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples, as an example. For a number of the phone/tablet apps I plan to build, the layout will be extremely similar in behavior to the navigation sample. Building off the sample's concept, I would like to see a control that would replace/act as the appshell page does (swapping out views/pages and maintaining navigation states) and exposing the ability to change the "Hamburger Menu" items (including submenu items, and also providing for context sensitive items and options for each page both at design/run time, as well maintaining proper positioning and responsiveness for the device being used, and finally accommodating both a top and/or bottom menu bar. So, to sum it up, if I could "plop" a control on a page, add a couple of menu items to the hamburger control to navigate to views/pages, tweak the color's a little, provide for context sensitivity in the hamburger control options, and maybe or maybe not display a top/bottom menu in the control, and have the control navigate and display correctly on a myriad of potential devices, I would then be able to spend the majority of my time on business problems, instead what for my apps would be pretty standard navigation requirements.

Feedback and Knowledge Base